Guns and Gear Range
Click to Download Waiver
To view our waiver, click the link on the left. Before using our range, you will need to fill the waiver out signed.
ALWAYS Keep the Four Fundamental Rules of Firearm Safety
ALWAYS treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
ALWAYS keep the muzzle (the end of the barrel) pointed in a safe direction.
ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger and outside of the trigger guard until ready to fire.
ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings especially what is in front and behind your target.
RULES & PROCEDURES:
- “CEASE FIRE”- If you HEAR:
- Immediately remove your finger from the trigger.
- Safely unload your firearm, lock open your action and lay your firearms down.
- Step back from the firing line and await for the “All Clear” instruction from the RSO before you re-approach the firing line.
- If you observe an unsafe condition notify the range officer immediately!
- FIREARMS: ;Before entering facility:
- Must be, unloaded, magazines removed, secured, and cased or holstered.
- Licensed Conceal Carry Firearms, MUST REMAIN CONCEALED unless using in the range.
- INSPECTIONS- Ammunition & Firearms:
- All Firearms and ammunition must be DISCLOSED.
- All Ammunition shot in Range must be original manufactured ammunition.
- NO HOME BAKED, RELOADED AMMUNITION
- AMMUNITION NOT ALLOWED:
- Incendiary, tracer, armor piercing, frangible, BBs, steel core, steel shot, bird shot (shotguns may only shoot slugs), and no black powder.
- GNG firearm rentals may only use GNG ammunition.
- EYE’S & EARS:
- Must be worn prior to entering the range and must be worn at all times.
- Only one door is to be open at one time, while entering the range.
- NO FOOD OR BEVERAGE IN RANGE
- Shooters should wash hands after shooting
- MEDICAL DISABILITIES:
- Please notify the Range Safety Officer (RSO) so that we can assist you.
- No pregnant women in the range.
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult 21 years or older.
- Minimum age is 9 years old. Double ear protection is recommended for children.
- SAFETY FIRST:
- Know your firearm and how it operates!
- If something is unfamiliar ask the staff for help before entering the range.
- UNCASE and CASE FIREARMS:
- In shooting booth area only at the firing line.
- You are welcome to store the case in this ready area while you shoot.
- Make sure before casing the firearm that it is unloaded and the actions locked open.
- SHOOTING IN THE RANGE:
- Only one shooter in booth at a time, (exception, shooters under 18).
- All additional people in your party are to wait behind orange line on floor.
- Keep all firearms in your assigned booth and do not exchange firearms with another lane
- Before switching shooters, always unload and lock open the action before changing shooters
- NEVER HAND SOMEONE A LOADED FIREARM.
- NEVER GO BEYOND FIRING LINE:
- Always keep firearm pointed down range, even when you set it down.
- If you have a dropped target, mag, firearm, or ammunition safely notify the RSO Officer.
- LOADING & UNLOADING FIREARMS:
- In ready area (booth) only while pointing the firearm down range.
- DO NOT insert magazines into firearms or ammunition into a revolver until the firearm is in the booth and pointed down range.
- Magazines can be loaded in the ready area and brought to the firing line.
- Ammunition, magazines, range bags and other gear can be kept in the ready area.
- Make sure that the angle of your shooting is so that your round does not impact the ceiling, floor, or side walls.
- Targets must be placed at eye level to ensure shots hit the bullet trap. No cross lane shooting.
- Shooters, at GNG discretion, are held FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE for any damage they cause to the range and or equipment, regardless of intent.
- MULTIPLE ROUNDS FIRED:
- CONTROLLED double tap, rapid firing, and full automatic firing is permitted.
- The shooters ability will be observed and continued practice will be at the sole discretion of the Range Safety Officer. Safety first.
- DRAW FROM HOLSTER:
- Do not draw from holster or re-holster handguns on the range.
- Shooters must be “Draw from Holster Certified” by GNG.
- Shooting positions must be standard, unless you are “Tactical Shooting Certified” by GNG.
- No cross-draw or shoulder holster draw permitted.
- FIREARM MALFUNCTION:
- For any firearm or ammunition problems, keep the firearm pointed down range, remain in your booth and signal a Range Safety Officer for assistance by raising your non-shooting hand.
- CLEANING OF FIREARMS:
- No cleaning of firearms in the range, retail area or parking lot. We are not responsible for lost parts.
- ALCOHOL & DRUGS:
- NEVER be under the influence of alcohol or drugs (Including prescription drugs that may alter ones behavior) while shooting at the range.
- Any person that appears to be intoxicated, under the influence or otherwise appears to be in a condition that would render them unsafe to handle and shoot firearms will not be allowed to use the range and will be asked to leave.
- DO NOT USE CELL PHONES:
- Cameras, or music devices while operating firearms in the range, and do not create any type of distraction that can cause a safety issue.
- SHOOTING MULTIPLE FIREARMS:
- If you are shooting more than one firearm only use one at a time.
- Unload and lock open the action, then case the firearm and ammunition, all before you uncase the second firearm.
- If you wish to practice tactical engagements with multiple firearms, cowboy action, or 3 gun type shooting, please consult a Range Safety Officer first.
- BRASS CASINGS:
- Shooters may collect ONLY their own brass BEHIND the firing line only after they have unloaded, locked open the action, cased the firearm, and are ready to leave the range.
- The fallen brass will be periodically pushed forward of the firing line to prevent falling hazards, ANY brass past the firing line cannot be retrieved.
* Failure to abide by all of these rules or to act in a safe manner while on the range may result in you and/or your party being dismissed from the range. Violations, at GNG’s discretion, may result in cancellation of membership, and/or expulsion from GNG.
* BREAKING RULE #4 and using these restricted rounds on the range will damage or cause a fire in the rubber berm. Using these types of rounds and putting the facility at risk will be considered an act of ARSON and GNG will BE FORCED to contact the authorities in such a case.